Skip to content

Ghana news briefing

Death toll from migrant rush into Spanish enclave in North Africa rises to 72

By GhanaSummary Newsroom1 min read
Death toll from migrant rush into Spanish enclave in North Africa rises to 72

Morocco's Interior Ministry said in a statement on Sunday that 11 people had died, mostly by drowning while trying to cross into Spanish territory, noting that it was fact-checking reports on deaths from the other side of the border.

The death toll from a mass rush of migrants from Morocco into the Spanish enclave of Ceuta last week reached at least 72 ‌on Sunday, as five more bodies were found along the North African coast, officials said.

SPANISH BORDER PATROLS REINFORCED IN CEUTA "It pains me deeply that young people are dying at sea.

ShareXFacebookWhatsApp

This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.

Original sources

1 reports

More stories

View all news