
Zambian opposition leader to challenge presidential poll results in court
While last week’s vote was largely peaceful, the opposition said its campaign was marred by intimidation and restrictions, concerns that were echoed by international election observers.
The electoral commission also suspended vote-counting for hours due to reports of violence against polling staff and the theft of ballot papers.
Zambia’s opposition leader said on Wednesday that he is going to court to challenge the 13 August presidential election results which handed President Hakainde Hichelema a second term in office.
This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.


