
Thousands of migrants still in Ceuta after border crisis, local leader says
Figure caption, Watch: Migrants started to return to Morocco after thousands entered Spain's Ceuta on 30 JulyByAleks PhillipsBetween 3,000 and 5,000 migrants remain in the Spanish territory of Ceuta following the arrival of many times that number of people last week, the north African exclave's leader has said.
Image source, Getty ImagesImage caption, Juan Jesús Vivas accused the Spanish government of ignoring the warning signs before the mass influx of migrantsIt is unclear exactly why tens of thousands of migrants attempted to cross into Ceuta on Thursday and Friday last week.
Morocco, for its part, has laid blame for the crisis on Spain's Supreme Court, with an unnamed government source briefing local outlets that "the deterrent element of the system collapsed and the dam gave way, not under the weight of the criminals, but of a judge's decision".
This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.


