Skip to content
Spain says 72,000 migrants entered Ceuta, 70,000 returned

Spain says 72,000 migrants entered Ceuta, 70,000 returned

By GhanaSummary NewsroomNigeria

French Gendarmes control vehicles at the Spanish-French border between Irun and Hendaye on August 4, 2026, to check non-European nationals arriving from Spain, following the illegal entry last week of some 60,000 migrants from Morocco into the Spanish enclave of Ceuta.(Photo by Thomas COEX / AFP) Spain has returned to Morocco 70,000 of 72,000 migrants who entered its north African territory of Ceuta last week, the interior minister said on Tuesday.

Spain’s interior minister headed into a tense face-off with EU counterparts, as the bloc sought to draw lessons from an influx of migrants into Spain’s North African enclave of Ceuta in hastily arranged video talks.

Share:XFacebookWhatsApp

This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.

Original Sources (1)

More from Nigeria