Skip to content
Morocco says 11 died in Ceuta crossing attempt, while Spain puts it at 72

Morocco says 11 died in Ceuta crossing attempt, while Spain puts it at 72

By GhanaSummary NewsroomPan-Africa

Another 1,135 people had tried to illegally enter the Spanish territory of Melilla, further east, but had been immediately returned to Moroccan territory, the ministry added.

Morocco Morocco's interior ministry on Sunday issued its first toll for those who died trying to reach Spain's North African enclave of Ceuta last week, saying 11 people had died.

Morocco was working with Spain to check the toll figures and to identify bodies found on Spanish territory.

Share:XFacebookWhatsApp

This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.

Original Sources (1)

More from Pan-Africa