
Death toll in Spain’s Ceuta from migrant rush hits 77
REUTERS/Violeta Santos Moura TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY Last week’s irregular entry of tens of thousands of migrants from Morocco to Ceuta left 77 people dead in the Spanish north African territory, officials said on Tuesday, raising a previous toll of 75.
Migrants wait in line to receive food and beverage from the Red Cross, following mass crossings of migrants on foot and by sea from Morocco into Spanish territory, in Ceuta, Spain, August 3, 2026.
A Spanish legal body responsible for the identification work, composed of forensics and Civil Guard experts, said in a statement that authorities in Ceuta had recovered 79 bodies from the sea.
This is a summary of the original articles listed below. Always read the source articles for the full context. GhanaSummary does not create or modify the news — we summarise and link to original publishers.

