Former Finance Minister Dr Mohammed Amin Adam has accused his successor Dr Cassile Ato Forson of doing a "hatchet job", with the 2025 budget statement he presented.
He said the budget was full of unfounded claims. "The 2025 budget was a hatchet job going to be the vehicle for confirming what had been perfectly rehearsed to crown the narrative by putting data to unfounded claims and our intelligence has been confirmed that the Finance Minister did a hatchet job. "The government churned out fiscal deficit on a commitment basis of 7.6 percent of GDP and primary deficit of 3.6 percent of GDP and this will imply that the NPP mismanaged the fiscals. "In fact an economy with such strong revenue performance and expenditure controls as we have seen from the data that the Minister presented, cannot produce the kind of elevated fiscal outturns the Minister announced, we see a lot of contradictions," the Karaga said at a press conference in Accra on Thursday March 13.
Dr Ato Forson asserted that the NPP administration mismanaged the economy with excessive borrowing, fiscal mismanagement, and huge debt crisis.
However, Dr Amin Adam disagreed with the Finance Minister's claim insisting that the figures in the 2025 Budget were manipulated to court disaffection for the NPP.